20 Sales Opportunities for Medical Equipment/Devices in LatAm
While we know that medical equipment and devices are experiencing strong growth in Latin America — along with several other healthcare segments — that doesn’t always translate into sales just by itself.
It’s crucial to know exactly how to focus the efforts of your sales team. And one of the best ways to do that is to start by seeing what’s selling.
Our HospiScope database tracks the types of medical devices, equipment and consumables that Latin American hospitals buy the most. We have 15 countries in the database right now and expect have 17 countries in the database by the end of this year.
We reviewed the data to identify the medical equipment categories that grew in different countries in Latin America between 2017 and 2018. Here’s a quick look, market by market:
Argentina (Market Size: 2,361 hospitals)
- 4% growth in infusion pumps, 2017-2018
- 5% growth in hemodialysis machines, 2017-2018
Bolivia (Market Size: 214 hospitals)
- 9% growth in C-Arms, 2017-2018
- 5% growth in colposcopes, 2017-2018
Brazil (Market Size: 6,161 hospitals)
- 8% growth in nuclear medicine systems, 2017-2018
- 2% growth in stereotactic mammography machines, 2017-2018
Chile (Market Size: 381 hospitals)
- 6% growth in endoscopy towers, 2017-2018
- 2% growth in X-ray machines, 2017-2018
Colombia (Market Size: 2,623 hospitals)
- 5% growth in endoscopy machines, 2017-2018
- 6% growth in mammography equipment, 2017-2018
Costa Rica (Market Size: 158 hospitals)
- 3% growth in C-arms, 2017-2018
- 7% growth in linear accelerators, 2017-2018
Dominican Republic (Market Size: 864 hospitals)
- 6% growth in ultrasound machines, 2017-2018
- 4% growth in C-arms, 2017-2018
Guatemala (Market Size: 163 hospitals)
- 5% growth in ultrasound machines, 2017-2018
2.8% growth in X-ray machines, 2017-2018
Mexico (Market Size: 3,344 hospitals)
- 6.2% growth in MRI machines, 2017-2018
17.7% growth in angiogram systems, 2017-2018
Peru (Market Size: 813 hospitals)
- 1% growth in laparoscopic surgery equipment, 2017-2018
- 4% growth in nuclear medicine systems, 2017-2018
Puerto Rico (Market Size: 67 hospitals)
- 8% growth in echocardiogram machines, 2017-2018
- 6% growth in anesthesia machines, 2017-2018
Next Steps to Sell
Of course, this is just a quick look. Our data shows that many more equipment categories posted growth in 2017-2018 as Latin American hospitals added significant amounts of base installed and capital equipment.
While knowing about these growth categories is helpful, what’s crucial is knowing which specific hospitals in these markets are acquiring this equipment and devices — and who at these hospitals handles the purchasing decisions.
This is where HospiScope can help. Subscribing to this database will uncover the buyers and allow your sales team to identify the hottest prospects for outreach.
Moreover, HospiScope data allows you to conduct sales propension analysis so as to predict which accounts have the best potential in the coming months — or years.
Contact us for a demo of HospiScope so you can see how strategic data will spike your sales of medical equipment and devices in Latin America.